I love an easy recipe, one that I can whip together and throw in the oven. Here is one of our new family favorites that I have tweaked numerous times until I got it just how we all like it.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Pastry
- 2 Cooked, Boneless, Skinless Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Semi-Cooked Broccoli Head
- 1/2 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 2/3 cup Heinz BBQ sauce
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cans Just'Rol Bake it Fresh Croissant Dough
- Cook your chicken, in a frying pan or in the crockpot, however you prefer and dice
- Steam your broccoli for only a few minutes
- Mix in a large bowl, cooked, diced chicken, semi-steamed broccoli, grated cheese, onion, and BBQ sauce
- Roll out both cans of croissant dough side by side and together, so it pinches the pre-cut holes back together.
- At this point transfer to your cookie sheet, or stoneware
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out your mixture in a line, in the middle of your rolled out pastry Taking a pizza cutter, cut straight lines along the sides to create strips, doesn't matter if they are all the same equal distance a part, cut up to just almost touching where your filling starts
- See pictures for more help
- Start at one end, pick up first strip and twist once in either direction
- Lay across the top
- Do the same for the opposite side, twisting the same direction
- Lay across so its overlapping the first one
- Work your way down, always twisting in the direction you first chose
- Pinch the ends closed
- There will be gaps in the top
- Add a sprinkle of cheese on top of the mixture or even some parmesan cheese for extra taste.
Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 40/45 minutes. Check after 35 minutes as some ovens may vary. My family likes it crispy on top, but if you don’t, cover it with foil until the last 15 minutes.
This recipe is super easy, and the whole family loves it. Even Missy Moo likes it all smashed up with a fork! Try it out, tell me what you think? There are endless possibilities for the filling. Why not trying steak and cheese instead?
Please vote for Let’s Talk Mommy for Best Baby Blog & Best New Blog in the MAD Blog Finals!