I am a huge fan of easy and quick meals that suit the whole family. If you haven’t yet check out “In Momma’s Kitchen” they are all family, friendly recipes. Here is one of my favorite soups that’s very versatile.
- 2 large sweet potato
- 3 parsnips
- 5 large carrots
- 1 zucchini (courgette)
- 4 mini leek onions
- 2 Tablespoons knorr chicken granules
- Wash, peel and cut all ingredients into small cubes
- Throw into a large pot of water, make sure to fully cover your vegetables & some extra
- Add in your chicken stock, and stir in
- Boil for 10-12 minutes
- Use a fork to check when they are done
- Pour contents into a blender and add half of the stock
- Then little by little add a ladle full of stock and pulse
- Continue until you have the right consistency you want
- If you want smooth and thin, add more stock.
- If you prefer chunks, keep a spoon full of cooked, diced vegetables aside, add to your blended vegetables.
Sweet Potato Spring Soup
My mom likes to leave a few chunks out and add back in her bowl to the puree. Mr P likes the consistency to be like applesauce and so do the kids. I prefer a more soupy soup, so I add a lot of liquid to mine. Either way, make it to your own desire.
We love this soup, I hope you will too. Perfectly light and healthy for spring/summer time. Enjoy!
Please vote for Let’s Talk Mommy
for Best Baby Blog & Best New Blog
in the MAD Blog Finals!