It’s summer time and family picnics are in full force everywhere. I thought I would share this fun, simple recipe that is perfect for those beautifully bright picnic baskets. I have made my yummy zucchini (courgette) bread with a lemon glaze in bread and muffin form to show you both ways are great for the whole family. It’s a sweeter take on the traditional zucchini breads that I have made in the past and I love adding the sour cream it gives it a lovely texture.
I also had a lot of fun with the styling and photographing these. I was testing out my MANUAL mode which is never easy for me but I love the blurred back ground and how they turned out. What do you think? Any advice to make them better?
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup veg oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini (courgette in uk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven 350 F (175 C)
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, sugar, and vegetable oil together
- Stir in zucchini and sour cream
- In separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon
- Add to zucchini mix.
- Pour batter into 9x5 bread pan or a large muffin pan
- Bake 70 minutes or until tooth pick comes clean in the middle
- Let cool!
- Mix confectioner's sugar and lemon juice well
- Use a spoon to zigzag over top after bread has cooled
- *Optional: Add a 1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisin for an alternative taste
This is definitely a treat the whole family will love and like all my recipes its very simple to make! There are many options that you can alter this as well. Why not add raisins or chocolate chips? It’s definitely one to serve guests that are over for a cup of tea or coffee! I have in the past made them into a mini bite size muffins for a party buffet and they were a hit! Your options with these are endless.
Try it out, see if you like it. Be sure to take a photo and share with me on twitter or instagram and I will be sure to share it! Don’t forget to let me know what you think of the taste too!