I am back in the kitchen baking and cooking and I can’t tell you how good it feels. I took a mini break from it this summer but I have to say how much I miss practicing my food styling and my photography. I also realized how easy it is to get out of touch with my slr too. I really need to get back in the habit of having it out and practicing as much as possible if I am ever going to improve.
I am very excited to share with you a recipe that I really have made up as I went along. I have taken a recipe that I use to do all the time in America and turned it into one of our UK favorites, tweaking it along the way. I definitely have fallen in love with making homemade ice creams this year. Nothing wrong with store bought they are so yummy too but there is something so inviting to that fresh tub of creamy ice cream just made in the freeze. Blackcurrant cheesecake ice cream has long become a freeze stocked flavor!
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whip cream (whipped with 1 Tbsp of sugar)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 custard cream biscuits (or vanilla oreo cookies)
- 18 oz Blackcurrant Pie Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- In medium bowl, whip your whip cream together with a Tbsp of sugar and measure out 8 oz.
- In a large bowl, beat together condensed milk, whip cream, cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract
- Crush together in a separate bowl, custard creams/or cookies, with 1/4 cup butter until crumbly
- Pour crumbles in the middle of your large bowl mixture - do not stir!
- Pour pie filling of your choice on top and fold 3-4 times only with a spatula, gently
- You want to make swirls, do not mix it all together.
- Pour mixture into a deep cookie sheet and freeze over night.
- *Don't fancy blackcurrant why not try with strawberry or cherry pie filling. Substitute any flavor you like in!
This recipe is great because like all my recipes it’s super easy to do, and I always offer different ways to make or substitute ingredients. If you don’t like blackcurrant why not try strawberry or cherry pie filling instead. It truly is one the whole family will fall in love with your even your dinner guests.