It’s Valentine’s Day this Saturday! I didn’t have much time to do something extra special for Mr P this year but I thought a little baking would warm his heart. I whipped up these chocolate heart cakes for him and his office to celebrate. It really is the easiest recipe ever and you can use for any special occasion.
These heart tins I got in America but you can find similar ones on Amazon for so cheap. I love making shaped cakes. I always thinking baking presents are the best kind of presents to give.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Grease your pan, I chose to use mini heart shaped cake pans for Valentine's Day (find them on amazon)
- Using a mixer blend all ingredients on medium for about five minutes
- Pour into chosen cake pans and bake until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the center or using a toothpick comes out clean
- An easy chocolate cakes recipes for any special occasion.
My photos this time don’t do this cake justice. It’s light, fluffy, and moist. It’s hard to get the right combination sometimes with chocolate cake without it turning really dry. I like this recipe as mini cakes or cupcakes!
The kids loved it and I got great feedback from Mr P’s office. I love baking and sending them off to his work. They are great too they always pay a pound into the company charity for each cake. Win-win All for a good cause.
Try this easy chocolate cake recipe out. Would love you to pin it to your Pinterest board for later if you like it. Don’t forget to tweet or instagram me a photo of your attempts, I love seeing what others come up with. You might do flower shapes instead for Valentine’s Day. Get creative.
Linking up with #TastyTuesdays @HonestMum & #recipeoftheweek @AMummyToo