Good morning, what are you eating for breakfast today?
I don’t know about all of you but I get bored of the same breakfast every day. Most days, I call breakfast a cup of coffee, piece of toast, or a pot of yogurt on the go. Don’t get me wrong I love breakfast. It’s actually one of my favorite meals of the day just not during the week when I am busy. I love getting up on the weekend and making a special family breakfast that we can have all together at the table. I want my kids to grow up remember my weekend breakfasts as special family time.
I actually prefer breakfast for dinner. When I was in college and living on my own I used to eat breakfast for dinner all the time. Scrambles eggs were a frequent to my dinner table. I was too lazy to cook a full meal for one and who doesn’t love a good bowl of cereal at night too? It’s fast, easy and fills me up. I still do it when the kids are asleep and Mr P is out of town. Another favorite breakfast for dinner or the weekend for us are crepes. I am notorious for whipping up a batch of homemade crepes on a whim. Now, I get to add egg & bacon breakfast pizza to my list. I love being in my momma’s kitchen here in the states baking up a storm. It’s also great to have more people testing out my creations than I do at home. I think my neighbors have far given up on me as guinea pigs. Even the office staff at my husband company has had their fill. My parents are welcoming it with open arms for the summer. My Dad said this was fantastic but he would have liked some onions in it. So I take that on board and my mom preferred the eggs runny and I think I liked it a little more overcooked for a soft egg yolk. It’s great to get feedback when you are trying recipes out. Like all my recipes, it’s fast, easy, and the kids love it too. Family friendly recipes is all I make. I am no chef but I like to play around in the kitchen. I can’t wait to try this out for one of our family weekend mornings or dinner one night back home with Mr P.
I was surprised at how much MM loved this pizza as she hates normal pizza. I think I have put it down to no tomato sauce on this pizza like normal pizza. She loved the cottage cheese creaminess of this style pizza. Sadly, B couldn’t try it as he is allergic to eggs but we made him a little bacon one too that he gobbled up.
- 1 package (13.8 oz) Pillsbury pizza crust
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, diced
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 3 Tbsp diced chives
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven 500 degrees F
- Roll out your pizza dough and in lightly greased rectangle cookie sheet fill bottom of pan with your dough
- In a small bowl, mix mozzarella and parmesan cheese; set aside
- In separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, oregano, dash pepper and salt
- Brush edge of pizza with oil
- Spread cottage cheese mix evenly over top, leaving about an inch on the edge
- Layer bacon, mozzarella cheese mix, green peppers and red chilli flakes
- Create three equal size wells in the toppings, in two rows for your six eggs
- Crack on egg into each well and salt and pepper
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown about 8 minutes for runny yolks and 10 minutes for soft-cooked yolks
- Set aside, and let cool
- Add diced chives on top to serve
- If you like onions in your breakfast why not add them to your breakfast pizza too. I love this with red onions too.