It’s Autumn and with the changing of the leaves there are a few recipes I absolutely love making each year whether it’s for Halloween, Thanksgiving or just something comforting to warm you up with. Today, I am sharing my delicious Pumpkin Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and salted caramel drizzle on top. I know that title in itself is a mouth but so is the flavors in this cupcake.
I love everything there is to do with pumpkins come Autumn time. I paint them and use them in home decor around the house and on our mantelpiece or we go hunting in the pumpkin patches for the perfect one to carve out. Let’s not waste those pumpkin seeds either, last year we baked numerous batches of pumpkin seeds to eat throughout October.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder/soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, set aside
- In a large bowl, beat together on high pumpkin, sugars, and oil
- Mix in eggs, add flour mixture, slowly, combine until smooth
- Pour batter in lined cupcake pan 3/4 full for each cup
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, roughly 18-20 minutes
- Beat room temperature butter on high for two minutes
- Add cream cheese, vanilla, and salt, beat for another two minutes
- On low, beat in powdered sugar slowly until smooth and fluffy
- Add more powdered sugar if peaks don't form and stay
- Fill piping bag with frosting and add to top of cupcakes after they have cooled
- Drizzle my easy salted caramel sauce on top for extra flavor. Link to recipe in blog post.
That’s the beauty of baking with pumpkin though you can make all sorts of yummy festive desserts. I am a huge fan of pumpkin cake roll, pumpkin pie but as queen of making cupcakes I have to say this is my favorite way to eat it especially now that I have perfected my Salted Caramel Sauce which you can find my easy recipe for it here.
Even without the sauce on top the cream cheese frosting pairs perfectly with this moist fluffy cupcake. I love the spice the pumpkin and nutmeg & cloves bring to this cupcake. Eat it with a hot coffee for an afternoon treat.
Do you like my recipe, why not pin it for later, pinterest is a great place to keep all your recipes in one place together. If you do try it, please tag me on twitter or instagram and I will be sure to re-share it. I love seeing others try my recipes or their own variation of them. We all have a good spin to put on any recipe so happy baking.