The day of “LOVE” is almost upon us, Valentine’s Day. What a better excuse to go all out with pink, red, hearts, and a new recipe. I love any excuse to make up a new recipe. My very talented and lovely from Helen has started her own business called Cookies & Fluff. She creates the most amazing flavored marshmallows. Think Marshmallow haven meets Oreos, Crunchies, Lemon, Gingersnaps and even Strawberry & Prosecco. Oh yes, that’s amazing I know. When I see a new ingredient to play with and create a recipe around, well my thinking cap starts blowing smoke. I created this amazing Jammy Dodger Marshmallow Ice Cream with her Jammy Dodger Marshmallows for Valetine’s Day for my husband. He has the biggest sweet tooth ever and loves marshmallows and ice cream separately so I thought why not mix them together. If you have been reading long you know I am a big fan of mixing two favorite recipes together to make new ones.
I gave Mr P a taste test before I starting snapping this scrumptious recipe up. I will have to quote him on this one, “Your best creation yet babe!” unquote. Oh, I aim to please. Whilst I think it might have needed a few more swirls of jam and cookies at the bottom of the pan, it was a winner all around. And it’s SOOO EASY to make.
- 14 oz can sweet condensed milk
- 20 oz heavy whipped cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp strawberry or raspberry jam
- 6 jammy dodger cookies
- 1 package of jammy dodger marshmallows from Cookies & Fluff
- Beat heavy whipping cream in large bowl until peaks start to form
- Slowly add condensed milk in and vanilla
- Fold together gently so you don't take away the fluffiness of the whip cream
- Cut up jammy dodger cookies and stir in
- Cut marshmallows in half and in half again, to create quarters and stir in
- Pour ice cream mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan
- Using a large spoon swirl jam in large circles to leave a trail of jam throughout
- Cover with foil and place in freezer to harden
- Add one marshmallow and cookie to the top or swirl chocolate sauce on top for a special treat. This ice cream base is quick and easy to add any of your favorite flavors to it.
The kids absolutely loved this special treat this week. A little early Valentine’s Day dessert. Why not make this for your special loved ones and enjoy a scoop or two yourself? It’s sweet, creamy, with a crunch and a fluff. My kind of ice cream packed full of endless surprises.
You can use this easy ice cream base to create any type of ice cream flavor you wish. That’s the beauty of it. It’s not only quick and easy to make but it is so versatile. I made Blackcurrant Cheesecake Ice Cream last year for a birthday dessert. What will you create?
Do you like this recipe, why not try it out and let me know what you think. Or pin it for later! Don’t forget to share your creations with me on social media @letstalkmommy I always love seeing what people are trying out.
For you lovely readers…. I am even hosting a GIVEAWAY for 1 month subscription to Mallow Mail – which you can see more herefollow. This subscription will be for March. A list of flavors will be emailed to winner who will get to choose 2 flavors and one bonus surprise flavour will be included. If you like marshmallows you have to try these out. Mallow -Mail is absolutely brilliant, Get your entries in quick!
a Rafflecopter giveaway