It’s time to start making those spring/summer party nibbles. I always think that when the weather starts getting warmer there seems to be more parties. I don’t know if that’s just because more people were born in the warmer months (says something about those colder months doesn’t it?) or if more people just save up there party energy until they can get outside or have the lighter evenings to host more parties. Either way, I have been working on my party nibbles and seeing what I can create. I have a whole host of them to come after this one. They are all easy, fun, and great for adults as much as they are for children. Here is the easiest Ham & Cheese Party Nibbles.
- One sheet Jus Rol puff pastry
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 8 teaspoons tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/2 grated mozzarella cheese
- chopped chives to decorate
- Taking puff pastry out of the fridge for at least 10 mins before starting
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Using a circle cookie cutter, cut eight circles out of your sheet of puff pastry
- Place on a non grease cookie sheet
- Place a teaspoon of tomato sauce in the middle of each circle and spread out leaving a little edge clear for the puff pastry to puff up
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the sauce, again leaving the sides clear
- Place a few pieces of diced ham in the middle or any left over meat you have in the house
- Add a tiny bit more cheese on top of ham
- Bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until puffed and golden brown, watch closely.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped chives on top to serve
- This is great for party nibbles or for the kids on the weekend after a long playdate. You can put anything on top you like. Why not try chicken instead of ham? Use your leftovers so they don't go to waste.
Are you planning a party soon? What do you have in mind for the party nibbles? Do try out this easy recipe and let me know what you think. If not, why not pin the photo below for future party food or a weekend nibbles for the family with your leftovers. I am constantly using leftover veggies and meat to throw on these for a quick bite to eat for everyone. Let’s not waste food and use it for other tasty recipes.