There is nothing I love more than a recipe that is easy, quick and one the whole family will love. As a busy parent, it’s so important for us to come together at dinner time and really get a chance to catch up and share our day. The last thing I want to do is slave over a complex recipe and waste that precious time at the table with my family. Like all my recipes on Let’s Talk Mommy, they are super easy, all family friendly and quick to throw together. This helps make more family time at the table together.
While it may be summer, there aren’t many days it’s extremely hot so I am still a huge fan of casseroles and winter hearty dishes for summer time too. They are easy to throw together and tasty too. I have teamed up with CostCutter which are owners and providers of the brand Independent to create some tasty recipes coming up for you in the next few weeks. I love working with a brand and getting to create recipes and turning them into household favorites. We absolutely love sausage in our house. I truly think my kids would eat some type of sausage meal every single night for dinner so I have created something great sausage recipes to share with you all, keep watch.
I have a history with CostCutter since I moved to the UK. When I first moved in with my husband we didn’t really have a large grocery store nearby so we used to walk to our local CostCutter which was just around the corner from our house for bits and bobs. It turned into a little thing we would do after work together. We would have our walk and grab something for dinner for the next few nights. I was amazed at how much you can actually buy there beyond just a bar of chocolate and milk. It has saved us on numerous occasion when we need to dash for household items as well. We ended up shopping there on a regular basis for years.
Recently, I was sent a hamper of fresh meat and vegetables to test out just how fresh and tasty their produce was as well. The vegetables were vibrant and crisp so you knew they were fresh. The meat was sealed and packaged perfectly. As the sausages were grilling you could tell they were going to be full of flavor and juicy with their aroma filling the house while they sizzled. So I created this delicious, easy to make, Spicy Sausage Casserole for you to whip up for your family or next time you have friends coming over for dinner. It’s quick to throw together and comes out with just enough spice for a little kick but savory enough to keep your mouth watering for more.
- 8 in. chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2 in. rounds
- 3 small Independent sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large Independent flat mushroom, cut into quarters
- 1 large red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 8 Butchers choice Thick Pork Sausages
- 1 x 14oz tin Independent chopped tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 1 jar Independent tomato and chilli sauce
- Rioja red wine to cover all ingredients in pan
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped basil leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 C degrees
- Cut chorizo and fry in a dry frying pan until golden
- Add onion, garlic, chilli, mushrooms, pepper and sauté until soft and tender
- Grill the sausages until evenly brown
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes in half then in half moon shaped pieces
- Add vegetables and sausages to a casserole dish
- Add in the tinned tomatoes, jar of tomato and chilli sauce, tomato puree and pour the wine on top until all the ingredients are covered
- Place casserole lid on and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread
It’s a recipe that goes great with crusty bread or pitta bread to dip in. Why not pair it with red wine for adult night in or date night? Men love a good hearty meal, all year round. Don’t forget to pin the image below for future reference. It’s a great one to make for large dinner parties too. If you try it out, let me know on pinterest, twitter, facebook, or instagram by tagging me in with what you thought and your version of this recipe. I love seeing others’ creations too. Happy eating!