Snowballs may remind you of Christmas and I love the peppermint ones I make every year but these were so fun to make for Halloween with my littlest girl today. Why not enjoy delicious snowballs for Halloween too? I love the sweet taste of powdered sugar/icing sugar with the grated coconut flakes. MM loves rolling them in the sprinkles and making various color combinations too.
I have been so in love with grated coconut since I was a little girl. I remember grabbing handful out of the bowl and running out the kitchen with my mother calling after me. It’s sweet taste and fluffy texture is delicious. My littlest is just like her momma. Today, she was stuffing it in her face and I had to laugh at the memories it brought back.
I have been baking with coconut lately and even topping my yogurt snacks with it. I go through phases where I cook everything with coconut oil, I use coconut butter lotions and eat grated coconut with everything. Call me the coconut girl, I clearly can’t get enough of it.
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 cups grated or desiccated coconut (keep some on the side for rolling)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- black and orange food coloring
- halloween colored sprinkles
- Combine powdered sugar/icing sugar with condensed milk and coconut
- Split mixture evenly into three bowls
- Use food coloring to color one black and the other orange leave one white
- Using a teaspoon make roughly 40 balls with all three colors and roll in extra coconut or sprinkles for the look you desire
- Put on a cookie sheet and place in fridge for 1 hour to firm
- Store in a sealed jar or tupperware container
- Add a ribbon to the jar lid to create a present for friends and family.
Why not whip up a batch of these with the kids this weekend and celebrate Halloween with a sweet treat. They are super easy to make, you just whip three ingredients together and roll. They are ready to go! It’s a great thing to do with the little ones as they love rolling things in sprinkles. Don’t have time to make them now, why not pin this for later? I would love to know if you try out my recipe and what you think? You can tag me on instagram, twitter, facebook or pinterest or find me @letstalkmommy on all social media channels.
Linking to #Recipeoftheweek at A Mummy Too