I love recipes that I can whip up in no time and have the kids get involved too. I am a busy mom and I don’t have time to make gourmet meals or hours making gorgeous treats at the moment while my two kids are still so young. One day, I long to share those recipes with you too. Don’t worry, I am sticking around. But while they are still toddlers and little, I like to spend as much quality time in the kitchen with them as possible. It helps teach them a thing or two in the process. I like to think they both like baking and cooking with me as much as I enjoy it.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I know I said it and it’s January still but true. With holidays you know people will be searching for something delicious to make for the special day. I thought I would share our Easy Chocolate Bark recipe because the kids absolutely love making it. It’s cheap, easy, fast and fun to make with them. It’s also a sure winner among the kids for Valentine’s Day so the whole family can feel treated as well.
- 2 large White Chocolate bars 150g
- 1 cup Heart Foam Gummies
- Red sprinkles
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt one chocolate bar in 30 sec intervals in microwave, until smooth
- Quickly melt the other chocolate bar in separate bowl and add few drops of red food coloring
- Pour melted white chocolate on cookie sheet, with spatula smooth it eventually out
- Spoon the now pink melted chocolate in swirls all over the top, leaving some white showing
- Before it sets, place gummy hearts red up and white up all over and add red sprinkles.
- Let it harden for few minutes or in the fridge and break apart in small pieces.
- Store in tupperware container
- So easy the kids can do it too.
It really is the easiest recipe but so delicious to make for the kids or with the kids even. You can sprinkle anything on top and it is ready to eat soon afterwards. Great for having in the fridge and serving with coffee or tea when guests coming over for the month of February too. I love having something homemade to share with friends when they come over. And I am sure your guests will love the alternative to store bought biscuits. (don’t worry, I love those too).
Why not pin this for later or if you do try my recipes please give me a shout out and let me know what you think on social media tagging @letstalkmommy on twitter, facebook, pinterest or instagram please. I would love to see your version of my recipe too.