Who says, Pancakes are only for Pancake Day? It was celebrated last week around the world but in our house every week is pancake day. We like to make our weekly pancakes on Sundays after a long lie in. I didn’t have a chance to share our scrumptious Cinnamon Caramel Cake Batter pancakes that quickly became a family hit. What’s not to love about pancakes and cake batter mixed together? Or the sweet taste of pomegranates on top and the crunch of walnuts within a salted caramel sauce? Oh yes, these are the ultimate pancake stack to be celebrated. Hence, why I just couldn’t wait another year for Pancake Day to get here and share them on here. We have a few variations of this recipe that I will be sharing with you but here is a firm favorite.
There is nothing better than stacking pancakes. I am not just a one pancake kind of girl. Maybe a large crepe loaded with everything but when it comes to thick pancakes, I like them stacked. I also like them topped with everything you can think of. I have to tell you I was surprised how well pomegranate, walnuts and salted caramel go together. I am definitely a sweet and salted mix person like my popcorn this is the perfect blend of the two. With pancakes there are endless topping ideas too.
In our house our family all have their own favorites too. Husband prefer sugar and lemon. MM loves nutella in between, while B if he has one of his special ones likes loads of butter which leaves me to go crazy with my powdered sugar, nutella, salted caramel, maple syrup, fruit, nuts and more. Yes, I have been known to top all of these on one pancake they all go together why not?
- 1 cup Dry, Cake Mix (any flavor, I used vanilla)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 oil
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranates
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- Mix together, dry cake mix, flour, eggs, milk, cinnamon, and oil until smooth
- In small frying pan, grease and pour batter as thick as you like for pancakes
- Let cool slightly and stack with a thin layer of salted caramel in between each one
- Top with chopped walnuts, pomegranate seeds and drizzle salted caramel on top
- Reheat stack if necessary and enjoy!
- Use any toppings you like for a combination the family will love. Why not make homemade salted caramel sauce, check out my recipe within the post.
I love getting the kids up in the morning and telling them we are making pancakes. One measures out the ingredients for me and the other stirs and usually gets it all over the counter. We make ones B can have due to his allergies but either way he just loves baking with us even if he isn’t eating it. It’s quality time spent. I have so many memories growing up baking and cooking with my own mother and I love that I can pass that down to my children now too.
Do you love pancakes as much as us? What about stacks? They are the best. What do you put on your pancakes?
Linking up #Recipeoftheweek