There are still a few weeks of summer for our kids, what about yours? Are you finding it hard to still get creative this late into the summer holidays to keep them entertained? As a parent, I know it can be tough getting creative and thinking of things to do for the kids in summer time. I also know your options become very limited where we live in the UK with all the rain that we have been having.
In our family we like to watch our favorite shows and bring them to life! We love getting creative with the shows we watch together! We have been known for our den building skills and popcorn parties together while watching our favorite TV shows and movies. Don’t forget the movie inspired pizzas we made too!
One of our favorite summer activities on a rainy day is putting all our favorite shows in a jar, we call it the SHOW JAR! Then the kids all close their eyes and each pick one show out of the jar at random. We watch it together and then draw our favorite characters out from the shows we just watched for show inspired craft afternoon.
Have you heard about BT TV KIDS? It offers an exciting mix of nine channels they have put together in a bundle including Disney, Disney Jr., Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon Jr and more. The mix is great if you have kids of various ages too. You can watch shows from Mickey Mouse and Peppa Pig to iCarly and School of Rock and everything in between.
It seems BT TV Kids think like we do because they are bringing their shows to life too with a BT TV activity pack. You can download it here for free! It’s great to print out for an afternoon of fun or even if you have a road trip planned and need some entertainment in the car. The BT TV Kids activity pack is packed full of hours of fun for kids. Split it up over the summer and have them do each activity after watching the show that goes with it. My kids love doing this.
The kids think I have the best imagination and I love being silly and having fun with them. I have been known to love coloring a few hours and getting lost in their cute little characters of their favorite TV shows myself. PAW Patrol isn’t just the kids’ favorite to watch, just me? Who doesn’t love those cute little puppies?
What have you been doing this rainy summer that we have had? Have you heard of the new BT TV KIDS bundle, it’s only a £4 bolt on. With their free twenty-seven pages of downloadable activities it’s sure to entertain the kids the rest of the summer.
Look at all the shows this includes:
- Disney Channel
- Shows: The Lodge, The Evermoor Chroniciles, Descendants, K.C Undercover, Bunk’d, Elena of Avalor
- Disney Junior
- Shows: Mickey and The Roadster Racers, The Lion Guard, Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, PJ Masks
- Disney XD
- Shows: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars Rebels, Ultimate Spider-Man, Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, Gravity Falls
- Shows: 100 Things to Do Before High School, iCarly, Victorious, School of Rock, Game Shakers, The Other Kingdom, Bella and the Bulldogs, Nickelodeon’s Slime Cup
- Nick Jr
- Shows: PAW Patrol, Nella the Princess Knight, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom, Alvinnn!!! And The Chipmunks, Shimmer and Shine
- Nick Toons
- Shows: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks, The Loud House
- Shows: Be Cool Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, The Zhus Zhus,Wabbit, Grizzly and The Lemmings
- Cartoon Network
- Shows: Ben 10, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Powerpuff Girls, Gumball
- Shows: Thomas and Friends, Bananas in Pyjamas, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Lazy Town, Super Wings, Sesame Street
WOW, so many to choose from I don’t think you will get bored with your kids’ TV options now. There is enough to not have to watch the same thing over and over. Despite the rainy summer we have had I hope you all have had a great summer with your families. It’s such a great time to get that extra quality cuddle time while the kids are out of school. Those lazy wake ups in the morning are just the best.
I love letting my kids climb into my bed when it’s wake up time and we just chat and cuddle before breakfast. We eat breakfast together and talk about our plans for the day ahead. There is no rush in getting dressed and out the door at a certain time. If we want to have a duvet day in on a rainy day we can. As much as I love traveling and amazing days out with the kids, I also cherish those cuddle days, doing fun indoor activities too.
Don’t forget to download the summer of fun BT TV activity pack above, it’s TOTALLY FREE and full of FUN!
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS SUMMER?
*In Collaboration with BT