To all the Dads-to-be….
We know how stressful it can be packing the car up, making sure you don’t lose the keys, possibly those test-drives to the hospital pre-birth and let’s not forget that dreaded first car seat fitting. As parents, we have all been there. Becoming a parent isn’t just about the responsibilities that start after bring the child home from the hospital, there is a lot leading up to that magical birth and getting that baby home safely without added stress.
Another big thing will be buying a new car. Most families-to-be need a new car when baby arrives whether they feel their old one isn’t reliable for their precious new bundle of joy or they need a size upgrade. It happens all the time. We had a two door mini that would have been a nightmare to put a baby in the backseat and no truck space. Don’t forget those infamous “Baby on Board” signs too. I truly think they make people more mindful.
Crossovers are a great first family car. Everything that Dads-to-be and Moms-to-be would need with their new baby in tow. I think sometimes we just need to wrap our heads around having a small baby with us at all times. It can seem so scary bring that baby home for the first time. I will never forget bringing our first born home.
Here are a few tips to make sure it doesn’t seem as daunting as it sounds Dads.
- Make sure you have installed the car seat numerous times before baby’s arrival. It’s easy to get isofix bases or car seats that connect to the isofix hinges in your car. This makes it quick, easy, and safe for your baby before it arrives. No stress when you just want to get the baby home and get settled into parenthood.
- Get a large metal clip that you can clip your keys on the side of the diaper bag or Dad’s clip to the loop of your jeans. Never again will you panic the baby is coming and I can’t find the keys. A bowl in the hallway is always another bonus.
- Test drive to your local hospital. We thought we knew how long it took but it was double that time when it actually came time for our first to be born. Know alternative routes in case of traffic. All my babies came fast so don’t think it’s your first you have plenty of time. That’s not always the case.
- Make sure you have a reliable and safe car for your growing family. Nothing is worse than going into labor and the car won’t start. Be up on your MOT, car checks, and oil changes.
- Stay calm Dads-to-be, we need you in one piece.
I am teaming up with All-New Kia Stonic Urban Crossover and their amazing Daddy Day Car event. They are showcasing just how helpful their new urban crossover features are including state of the art technology. The Stonic is Kia’s first urban small crossover but it’s got features that make it a big deal.
- Hill start assist
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines
- DAB radio
- Apple Car Play
- Android Auto
Who doesn’t need features like this in a family-to-be car? I know I couldn’t live without hill start assistance, and reversing cameras are a bounce when you have a baby crying in the backseat distracting you. It will happen those sensors are just added bonus to keep us focused. With TomTom and Apple /Android features it can get your beautiful family where it needs to go and you can use your lullaby playlist off your phone to soothe baby in the process.
But for dads-to-be…. it offers two-tone color cominbations choosing between lime green, black, red, or orange highlights. Who says you can’t have pops of color as a parent we may be grown ups but we can still love bright colors. Trust me, your baby will love them.
Daddy Day Car All-New Kia Stonic test drives test drives will be taking place at selected Kia dealerships in November. While places are limited, customers wishing to take part can contact email@example.com to enquire about their nearest dealership and book a slot. For more information on the All-New Kia Stonic please visit www.kia.co.uk/stonic