Have you heard of TIMIO?
TIMIO puts kids in control of their learning with 20 disc choices that play in 6 languages. WOW, I know! It’s a different kind of kid’s audio player for learning without screens to worry about.
We have been teaching our children Spanish for years so this was a huge, added bonus. With three children at all different learning levels I love that I can actually use it in different ways for their learning.
It’s easy as adding batteries, putting a disc on the front and pushing play. No downloading. No needing wifi connections. It’s the perfect traveling audio player for car rides, plane rides, trains and more.
I was initially excited to have Baby O try it out as he is just learning to talk and putting things together in sentences. The variety of disc subjects is perfect for his level. The discs are so easy to put on and off, even at 21 months old, he can choose what he wants to learn and listen too. He absolutely loves the musical discs that play music to lull him to sleep at naptime or for a good disco boogy with his siblings.
The older ones were keen to try it out too, in other languages. Since they are 6 and 8 years old, they already know their animals, vehicles, food, alphabet but it’s the perfect level to practice their Spanish and French for school. My eldest is learning both in school so he says its more fun and an easier way to memorise them using the TIMIO.
- 3 Volume settings: Low, medium, high.
- Rounded edges: Makes TIMIO softer and safer.
- 3 AA batteries: Not included. We recommend using rechargeable AA batteries
- Low battery consumption: Auto-shut off when not in use for 5 minutes.
- Magnetically attached discs: Super easy to place – ready to use out of the box.
- Solid design: Easy to carry around by kids. Can take a beating.
- Quality speaker: Great music and the clarity of the sounds helps the learning of the vocabulary.
- Headphone jack: So they can learn quietly when needed.
- Sturdy discs: Scratch-proof – unlike CD’s which get easily scratched.
So why buy a TIMIO?
- Puts kids in control of their learning
- Fun way to learn
- Doesn’t need anything downloaded or a wifi connection
- Even babies can change the discs, turn it on and off and choose what their want to learn
- Plays music for naptime and bedtimes.
- Available in 6 different languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, and Chinese, making it a great tool for introducing additional languages early on.
- Perfect for traveling, lightweight and has a handle to easily carry
- Screenless education, it’s fully interactive without worrying about screen time
With so much screen glare from tablets, tvs and smart watches, I love that this device is completely screenless. I love that it’s back to basic learning, in a fun and engaging way for kids.
The older two love watching their baby brother learn from his TIMIO. They help him go through the discs and repeat the new words he has learned with him. It’s truly a good bonding experience for all three of them too. Baby O even has his favorite discs: the counting numbers and animal discs, he constantly picks up first.
Hi, I was trying to use your discount code for this and it’s not working for me. Is it still valid?
Thanks for your review
Andrea Mazzaretto says
Thank you for the review.. I purchased it today 🙂 Though when trying to use the discount code it said not valid :/ (I took a screenshot as well, but cannot add it here)
Hello, what a nice review on Timio. I want to buy one but I don’t find the discount code. Is it still valid?
Thanks for your feedback!
Audrey Larrouy says
Would it be possible to have the code for the discount? I was doubting of buying it before this article but now I want it !! 🙂 thanks!
Hi and thanks for the great review i will definitely buy one. I’m missing the discount coupon mentioned at the top is there a way to get one? Thanks in advance greetings from Austria Harry
Sorry the discount code has now ended. Keep a look out for more soon.
Nikla Lancksweert says
Hi. I am eager to purchase one of these. You mentioned a discount code, but I don’t see it. Please could you let me know what it is. Thank you