It’s almost Back to School time which means my littlest will be joining her brother at school this year. I have mixed emotions over being home without my babies in tow. While I am excited for this new adventure ahead and being able to work normal working days instead of nights, I am going to miss having MM at home with me as much as I missed having her brother when he started the year before. It doesn’t seem two minutes since I was sharing my little boy in his first school uniform and now here we are with my littlest to do the same.
It’s safe to say me talking about quality, style, and bargain prices is a must on school uniforms but not as entertaining. So I am here to let my little volunteers do the talking and they tell you all about the new Next Schoolwear collection.
First off, it’s my daughter’s first school uniform. While I should edit that to say “uniforms” because let’s face it there are so many options for girls to wear, far more than boys. I adore a pinafore on her. It’s classic, it’s adorable and they have created some great detail with heart zippers and pockets as much as making those underneath collared shirts more like beautiful blouses. Then you have shirt/skirt combo and the gingham summer dress choices too. Here is what MM had to say about her first uniform(s).
Review from MM, my four year old about to start reception:
- Do you like your new uniforms? Yes, because I am a big girl now and I look pretty.
- Do you prefer skirts or pinafore dresses? Skirts & Shirts because I can run faster when I play.
- What do you think of your new shoes? They have ballerina prints on the bottom and stars inside which is pretty cool.
- Are your uniforms comfortable? The tights are soft and my shirts I can get on all by myself.
- What’s your favorite thing about wearing uniforms? I match my brother now!
- What style of uniform is easiest to get yourself dressed in the morning? I like my skirt because it has a zipper. I can button my heart buttons too. My pinafore gets stuck on my head so I need your help Mommy.
- Do you like wearing tights or tall socks with your uniform? I like tights, my tall socks fall down.
- What are you most excited about going to school? I will be a big girl and learn lots like brother and play with my friends all day, everyday. They will all look like me in their uniforms too.
There you heard it folks, a review straight from my four year old’s mouth. She was honest and excited to share what she thought of her very first uniform. I love that they have adjustable waists, wash well and tumble dry brilliantly. I couldn’t believe how grown up MM looked when she put her uniform on for the first time. It brought tears to my eyes. They really grow up way too fast. My favorite uniform on her is by far her pinafores. Next have a variety of styles of them from the heart zip grey ones to the soft cotton grey button ones that you can catch her wearing in our video below. I love the variety of skirt and pinafore styles that you can choose from for girls and all of them are adjustable as well if they are in between sizes to make them last longer too. I can’t wait to braid her hair and put matching hair ties in it to coordinate with her uniform. They make the best hair accessories to pair with girl’s uniforms especially the gingham summer styles.
Review from B, my six year old about to start year two:
- Do you like your new uniforms? Yes, I love new clothes and my new shoes are shiny.
- What do you prefer shorts or pants? Oh definitely shorts, I get too hot at school and shorts I can play sports better. I like shorts without side pockets. I wish I could wear shorts all year.
- What do you think of your new shoes? They look like soccer shoes on the bottom so my friends will think I am cool. Are they comfortable? Yes, they have a little pillow in the bottom so my feet are comfy. I like no laces.
- Are your uniforms comfortable? Yes when my pants aren’t too tight. The shirts are soft like a tshirt.
- What’s your favorite thing about wearing uniforms? I like matching my friends at school.
- What style of uniform is easiest to get yourself dressed in the morning? All of them because I am good at dressing myself in the morning, you know that Mommy.
- Do you like wearing tall socks or ankle socks with your shorts? Tall socks aren’t cool but we have to wear them with our uniforms so we just scrunch them at play time. (hahaha this made me laugh). But I like the ankle socks for p.e..
- What are you most excited about going back to school? Maths and Writing, oh and seeing my friends too.
It was cute hearing his answers to these. He loves school so much. I hope that’s always the case. He has been so proud of his school uniform since he first tried one on in reception. With two years under his belt he knows what style he likes and is most comfortable. He has had school shoes from a lot of shops but these are his favorite by far being comfy, supportive, and durable. With B being so skinny adjustable trousers are a must with his tiny waist too.
The most important thing about school uniforms for my kids is comfort and style. For me, while price and versatility is high on my list, I like that with Next School Uniforms you can spread the cost of paying with Next Pay or use the Next Day Delivery when you order by midnight especially if you are always late ordering uniforms like me when we get back from summers in America. Next schoolwear collection ranges from 3-16 years old.
It’s a huge milestone ahead of us to celebrate with both kids now in school and MM’s first year in school. She is so excited to be just like her brother and a big girl going to school. I love being a school mom more than anything even if I miss them so much during the week, during the day. They grow and change in ways that amaze me in school. Their brains are like little sponges. Dinner time is always my favorite time of the day and will become a bigger deal when I get to sit down every night and ask them about their school day. So many school adventures lay ahead and the kids couldn’t be more excited for it.
Check out our more of our back to school interview with my little volunteers and their excitement of going to school in September including what they are excited for, nervous for, and love the most about going back to school. Also more on their uniforms and another style for MM to showcase for you all. So much to see so do pop over and watch!