Winter is here which means you need to start bringing out the winter wardrobe and tucking away the summer one. The thing is, just because it’s freezing outside doesn’t mean that you have to completely limit what you wear, nor does it mean that every t-shirt you have has to be put into storage. What it does mean, however, is that the denim jackets need to be stored away and the thicker, lined coats need to come out.
A Moncler jacket, for example, isn’t going to look out of place this winter and if you want to maintain your comfort this season, you need to go beyond the outerwear. You can still wear dresses and skirts but choosing thicker materials and knitwear and pairing them with thicker tights is such a good idea if you want to dress for comfort and stay looking stylish at the same time.
All you need is a little creativity and some research on the best clothing choices. So, with this in mind, here are some tips to get you started:
- Learn how to layer your clothing. Long-sleeved t-shirts with a shorter sleeve over the top may seem very 90s, but it’s the artful way to feel warm and comfortable and dressing the way you love can make you feel confident while you’re out and about. Layering your clothing will help you to weather against the winter storms and you can pair thicker materials with thinner ones, too.
- Always choose longer coats. You’ll see that long coats are in style but there’s nothing wrong with having more than one coat for the winter! You can have activity coats if you don’t mind getting muddy, but a longer coat will cover your whole body and keep you well wrapped against the cold and wind.
- Glam up. You don’t have to put away all of the fun clothing just because it’s winter; you can glam up your wardrobe with sweater dresses and go in with the knitwear. All you need is some thick opaque tights to dress it up and add some leather boots to make it look good. You can add black tights to colorful knitwear and then add the boots, too!
- Don’t forget your accessories. The winter months are always a little more blingy than others because of Christmas and the festivities. You see the tinsel on the tree, and you want to match it, right? Well, for that to work you need to have the right accessories and you can use hair accessories, scarves, gloves and hats to jazz up your winter wear. These can be threaded through with sparkly thread and look wonderful.
- Always look to add texture. Aside from those accessories, you can make your winter outfits look more attractive with fashionable winter looks. Transform your clothing with textures like turtlenecks and denim, and scarves, too! experimenting with your winter look is how you stand out with the comfort and warmth through the season being your main priority. Don’t be afraid to mix it up this season!
There you have it. What would you wear?
Leave a Reply