We are a backwards family and one of the many weird things we like to do, although I have been told many do this too, is eat breakfast dishes for dinner. Whether it’s scrambled eggs on toast, fried eggs & sausages, or even a bowl of cereal, if I am home alone and don’t want to cook. So it inspired me to make a more suitable dinner meal using eggs. My mother always made us scrambled eggs with American country sausage cooked together similar to this which is where I got my idea from.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 500 g mince beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup hot salsa
- salt & pepper
- Cook mince beef in frying pan with diced onion and peppers
- Drain any grease leftover
- In small bowl, whip eggs and milk together
- Add to frying pan with cooked beef mixture
- Cook on medium while stirring constantly so eggs do not stick to the bottom
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Place a scoop of cooked eggs & beef mixture into a mini tortilla
- Add grated cheese and salsa on top
- Roll tortilla shut and enjoy!
- Egg and beef mixture can be put on toast or ate separately as alternatives.
Mexican Style: Egg & Beef Burritos
You can eat it numerous ways. Try putting it on toast or cut out the carbs, like Mr P who loves to eat it in a bowl as is.
Since, Buba can’t eat eggs due to allergies, I scoop out a cup of the cooked beef, onion and peppers before I add the eggs and mix it with rice for him which he loves.
Don’t like spicy use mild salsa or just freshly diced tomatoes on top! Try it and let me know what you think!