In this house, we have two small tots, a busy mommy, and a Daddy that works hard all day and runs home just in time for a hot meal with his family so I am always trying to create healthy meals but fast and easy meals. I also am one of those people that likes to cook a variety of foods not the same five meals on rotation!
I thought I would share with you our yummy Chicken & Cheese Croissant recipe! They are fast and easy just as all my recipes on Let’s Talk Mommy are, I am not chef I tell you. I also like to create meals that have various tastes so my children can grow up with a wider food palette than I ever did.
This recipe is bursting with vegetables, protein and has such a delicious flavor to it the whole family is sure to love it. Not to mention the kids who get to eat with their hands for dinner. Trust me that’s a bonus in the eyes of a toddler!
Chicken & Cheese Croissants
- 2 x Jus Rol Bake It Fresh Croissant 250G
- 1 cup cooked chicken diced into cubes
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 cup mixed grated cheese
- 1 cup semi-steamed broccoli
- 1/4 cup red peppers diced
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a large skillet, cook your diced chicken, onion, red peppers with a little salt and pepper
- In a medium pot, semi-steam your broccoli so it still has a little crunch, it will cook the rest of the way, in the oven
- In large mixing bowl, combine your cooked chicken, onions, red peppers, broccoli, add your bbq sauce and stir together
- Roll out your croissants on the counter
- You will need two cookie sheets, greased
- Spoon chicken mixture onto the largest side of each croissant and sprinkle your grated cheese on top
- Roll your croissant closed and set on your cookie sheet
- Repeat for all croissants leaving enough space in between so they don't cook together
- Bake on 200 degrees C until golden brown, (about 10 mins) oven times vary so keep watch
For a more cheesy croissant, sprinkle some grated cheese on top when croissants start to brown
These are really great for a buffet style party or if you are having guests over in the afternoon but don’t want to make a sit down meal. It’s great for a light-bite lunch with friends too, go on invite them over, they will be very impressed. Why not pair it with my Fizzy Lemon Cocktails for an after-party celebration.