I have always been a huge fan of simple cookies especially when it came to sugar cookies. I could eat the dough all day long, and I could eat the entire batch made once baked. Paired with a cup of coffee these delicious little treats don’t last long in my house. I thought since I was ever so lucky to test out the Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press I would try them out with my simple sugar cookie recipe!
As always, with all my recipes, they are simple, easy and family friendly. I love good food and treats but only if it doesn’t take me all day to prepare and make. Mommy life is just too busy for those kind of dishes just yet! Someday, I hope but for now I will stick to the easiest and yummiest recipes. If you haven’t already check out more of my easy family recipes on my sidebar under ‘recipes’- go knock yourselves out!
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Combine first three ingredients in small bowl, whisk together
- In large bowl, blend sugar & butter together
- Add milk and egg, beat until smooth
- Slowly add dry ingredients
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Using the Oxo Cookie Press, per instructions, press out your cookies on a non-greased cookie sheet
- "If you don't own one, roll out and use cookie cutters about 1/4 inch thick"
- Bake for 2 minutes or until golden brown, watch closely
- Frost and add sprinkles on top for a more festive look!
The Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press is so easy to use. I have demonstrated in the video below just how easy it is to fill up and use! No more wrists getting sore from all those cookie cutters and pressing. This is easy to use and comes with a whole ray of shapes for every special occasion. Shapes included in your disk storage case: Daisy, Flower, Sunflower, Fleur-de-lis, Butterfly, Bear, Shell, Leaf, Heart, Snowflake, Tree, Wreath
I can’t wait to use this at Christmas time this year and surprise all my guests with gorgeously shaped cookie. Why not frost them and add sprinkles for that extra glitz. There are other adaptors too that you can use with your press like decorating cupcakes and even cheese on crackers. Check out their website for more details. It’s a very versatile kitchen tool!