I am so excited to share my raisin croissant pudding recipe with you all. It’s one that I make every time I come home to see family. It’s a perfect treat for a summer afternoon when everyone just wants a little sweet nibble while they catch up with family.
Raisin Croissant Pudding
- 6 large croissant already baked
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Butter to grease dish
- Powdered sugar to top
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cut or rip croissants in bite size pieces
- Mix eggs, milk, cream in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and sugar, mix well.
- In a casserole dish (2 1/2 quart) layer croissant pieces and raisins together
- Pour milk mixture over the top and let sit for 15 minutes
- Press croissants down with a spatula to make sure they are all soaked
- Place dish in a large roasting pan and fill the pan with hot water, halfway up the sides of casserole dish
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Oven time may vary
- Brush apricot jam over top and let cool
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve
Stored and refrigerated up to 2 days.
As with all my recipes, it’s super easy to make and the whole family is sure to love it. There are always ways to alter my recipes if you don’t like certain ingredients. Here, if you don’t like apricot jam try one of your favorite flavors instead or leave it off and just use the powdered sugar. I have also made this before with chocolate chips instead of raisins which was fantastic but I like to keep it feeling a little more healthy with raisins.
Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a great summer treat. If it’s winter time try it with a nice cup of hot cocoa! It really is suited for all seasons!
Try it out, take a photo and tweet or instagram me and I will be sure to share your photo! Let me know what you think too or any alternatives you try! Love to hear them. Or PIN it for later!