I rave about how easy my recipes are and how quick they are to make but this one beats all of them by far. It came about one afternoon and I had the munchies. There was a package of puff pastry in the fridge that I needed to use up and some fruit. At first I was just going to throw some brown sugar on the puff pastry and bake it like a homemade donut. Then I thought well I need to use the berries up too so I did just that and here this recipe was born.
Fruit Puff Pastry Tart
- One Sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- handful of caster sugar
- 1 cup of mixed fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Cut your puff pastry into large rectangles (as picture shows)
- Sprinkle soft brown sugar over entire surface
- Add cut, washed, fresh berries in the very middle of each rectangle
- Sprinkle a little caster sugar on top of berries
- Pop into oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve plain, with powdered sugar or frosting on top and a nice hot cuppa.