When did buying a present for your other half stop being fun? For most of us it was probably around the five or six year mark. You know, when you run out of inspiration after you’ve bought them all the usual things; jewellery, watches, lovingly chosen jumpers, and surprise romantic breaks. But buying a present for the most important person in your life doesn’t need to be challenging, you just need to think a little outside the box. Here are my top three unusual gift ideas for both him and her.
- A massage: Every lady loves a little pampering, and although you might think you’re good with your hands, nothing quite beats a massage from a seasoned pro. With prices ranging from anything between £40 up to over £100, it’s a good idea to go with a trusted source – you could always discreetly ask her friends for some recommendations of good spas nearby.
- A personalised print: A personalised print is one present you can be sure she doesn’t already have. A quick browse on the internet will throw up a range of beautiful and interesting customisable prints, from family trees and text-based graphics to quirky maps of the special places you’ve visited together.
- A star: Which girl wouldn’t love a star named after them? Name a star kits come with information about the galaxy and your very own certificate – a truly unique way to say I love you. Romance is not dead!
- A hamper: The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so what better way to show your partner how much you appreciate them than with a hamper full of goodies, packed with their favourite snacks, drinks and chocolates? Hampers for him are becoming more and more popular and you can find a huge range of gift hampers online. Or for an extra thoughtful touch, make up your own with carefully selected items.
- A beer tasting session: Craft beer pubs are popping up left, right and centre at the moment. Make sure your man knows his IPAs from his wheat beers with the gift of a beer tasting session, available at selected pubs in most cities. You might want to buy a ticket for one of his friends too, and make sure you’ve got some Paracetamol to hand for the morning after!
- A super car driving experience: One that will earn you brownie points for life – a drive in a super car around a specially designated track. The experience is not as pricey as you might think either – look out for deals on voucher code or discount sites as there are definite bargains to be had.
There you have it. Six ideas to help take the headache out of gift buying for your loved one and to put a bit of romance back into your relationship at the same time. Remember, set the bar high and you can expect an equally fabulous present in return.
It’s the time of year again….
Please vote for Let’s Talk Mommy for the Bibs2015 Awards for Writer & Family!
*pr collaboration / Image by Julian Wylegly, used under the Creative Commons license.