Growing up, my family ensured to tell me the stories of my “baby colic” days. Not only did my mother reiterate how extremely bad I had it and how hard it was those first six months of my life but all my older siblings did as well. I have heard all the attempts of my siblings vacuuming over my screaming, turning the tv or radio up as loud as it will go to drown out their baby sister. Unfortunately for my mother, 30 years ago (yes I am that old) there wasn’t enough information on baby colic nor medicines readily available to help ease not just my pain but my family’s pain as well.
Fast forward to present day and we have numerous remedies both medicine and natural to help soothe baby colic. I was a huge fan of granules for Buba when he showed signs of baby colic but luckily didn’t need them for Missy Moo. Nelsons has launched the NEW Nelsons Colica Colic Granules, a homeopathic medicinal product used for the relief of baby colic symptoms in babies over one month of age. At a price of only £5.80 from Boots, Tesco and www.amazon.co.ukit’s worth a try to settle your loved one.
Baby colic is very uncomfortable for your little one. Nelson is sharing some of their tips to help comfort your baby as well.
- Try soothing baby with a gentle rocking by walking round the house while holding them. You could also try taking them out for a ride in the car as the vibration, noise, movement and change of scenery can be soothing.
- Give your little one a gentle circular massage on their stomach.
- Try giving your baby a colic remedy like Nelsons Colica Colic Granules.
- Hold your baby close so that they can hear your heartbeat to help calm them. Possibly fasten them into a baby carrier on your chest while you go for a gentle walk, keeping them close to you.
- Your baby spent months bathed in a warm amniotic fluid so try a warm, peaceful bath.
* If you are concerned about your baby’s symptoms or their excessive crying you should seek advice from your GP. This is a pr collaboration.