Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake has to be one of my favorite dessert bites when it comes to baking for Thanksgiving. I used to make large size pumpkin cheesecakes for my family each year but now with kids I have started making things bite size for the little people in my life. These this year are better than ever because I made them with a ginger snap crust instead of my graham cracker crust I normally make it with. The flavor or pumpkin, cheesecake and ginger snaps is one to blow your taste buds away for sure.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 25 gingersnap cookies
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175 C
- Spray mini cheesecake pan with 1 calorie cooking spray.
- In food processor, crumble gingersnap cookies with pulses until finely ground (roughly 1 cup)
- Add melted butter; mix
- Press crumb mixture firmly into each cheesecake cup to form crust
- Bake 6-8 minutes
- In large bowl beat cream cheese and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy
- Mix in pumpkin, sour cream and salt, scraping bowl frequently
- Mix in egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; until well blended.
- Divide pumpkin batter evenly into crust-lined cups to the top
- Bake 20 minutes or until set
- Let cool completely in pan
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving
Top with whippped cream or ice cream, chocolate or caramel sauce or better yet try my salted caramel recipe to pour on top.
Did you like my recipe? Why not pin it for later? It would make a lovely treat for any holiday even if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving. These days you can find canned pumpkin anywhere all year round. I get mine from Tescos but your local grocer will have it too. It’s great to bake a variety of treats with especially if you like anything cinnamon-y. This one is easy to make and lovely to serve.