Valentine’s Day shouldn’t just be for adults. It’s the day of “LOVE!” and what better way to teach your kids, on this special holiday that everyone should be celebrated. Whether it be for their family or some special friends, it’s important to let them know that everyone likes to see that you care about them.
I love (excuse the pun) creating, making and baking things with my kids so any excuse to come up with some fun activities for kids is right up our street. From fun and silly things to normal board games and coloring, we are always game for a game!
Check out these ideas for a fun Valentine’s Day at home for the whole family
15 Easy Valentine’s Day Activities for Kids:
1. Decorate and cut out a heart garland and decorate their room. I love decorating for holidays and Valentine’s Day decorations are so pretty! The kids will love having some of their crafts on display.
2. Bake brownies with red frosting and sprinkles or some Heart Chocolate Bark to share with your classmates. (School permission, for course). They look super cute wrapped in cellophane and tied with a red or pink ribbon.
3. Make homemade Valentine’s Day cards for everyone in the family. Don’t forget those Aunts and Uncles too.
4. Bake heart shaped sugar cookies and decorate them with icing and candy. I love baking sugar cookies for every holiday – you just change the shape to suit!
5. Have a Valentine’s Day kids party with their teddies. Get all dressed up, play party games and have some yummy party food. It’s a great excuse to tuck in to the Valentine’s baking you’ve been doing.
6. Make a Valentine’s Day PhotoBooth at home and see what funny and silly faces you all can make as a family.
7. Build a den and download their favorite Valentine’s Day cartoon episodes.
8. Sponge heart painting. Cut a sponge in the shape of a heart and get crafting. Great for little toddlers too.
9. Print our some free Valentine’s Day puzzles for the kids. A treasure hunt is always good fun and gets siblings working together.
10. Make a heart shaped bird feeder and hang it outside. Got to show the animals love too.
11. Make a Valentine’s Day countdown tree. Then you can countdown to the big day together.
12. Make a list of the things you love in nature and go find them on a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt.
13. Make Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops. They are fun and tasty and make a lovely gift.
14. Make pink and red glitter playdoh for some Valentine’s Day sensory play.
15. Have a family candle lit dinner. Get the fancy dishes out, make a delicious dessert and their favorite dish. Talk to them about how important it is to love each other, themselves and everyone around them.
Valentine’s Day Activities Don’t Have To Be Hard
It doesn’t have to break the bank or take hours and hours. Even the simplest things as showing them extra affection is the best Valentine’s Day great the kids can ask for!
Why not try these activities for kids this Valentine’s Day with your kids. Get them involved in celebrating love for each other and love for everyone. It’s not just about the adults. They should feel the love too!
How do you make Valentine’s Day special for your kids?